Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/ feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I’d give to readers who have never read X ( example: specific genre, or author)
I think I’m going to do Dystopian, Sci-Fi and Contemporary. I think in total those should make ten (:
– The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. This is my favorite dystopian series, you’ve all heard of it, if you have not….??. Anyways it’s fantastic, my favorite in the series is Catching Fire.
– Legend by Marie Lu. My second favorite dystopian series. It truly is such an amazing series. The story and the plot are amazing, it’s very well written. It’s just awesome.
– Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I still have to read Ignite Me, but so far the series is very good. It also has a little magical twist to it (idk if I should even call it that) , but the world is a dystopian one. Review.
I think that’s all I have for Dystopian for now, I’m planning on reading other dystopians like The Darkest Minds and Under The Never Sky soon. You might be wondering why Divergent isn’t here, well after my disappointment with Allegiant, my love for the series kind of diminished, but the first book is still very good, so you might try it too if you’d like.
– The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. This book was phenomenal. It’s one of my top favorite books ever, I loved it so much. It’s about an alien invasion, but an incredible unique alien invasion, not what you’re thinking of right now. It was epic. Review
– Alienated by Melissa Landers. Another awesome alien book. This one isn’t about an invasion though, it’s about an alien exchange program, so they’re trying to keep the peace. It’s really fun, and light and great. I loved it so much ♥ Review
-Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I’ve only just finished it, but I think it’s worthy of being here. It was so good, so good! It’s about aliens again, but again, not an invasion. It’s more like there is a war between two species of aliens, instead of it being alien vs human, it’s alien vs alien on Earth. Later on in the series it might turn to human vs aliens, but for now, it’s not; AND THERE’S DAEMON BLACK IN IT! “nough said (:
I think that would be it for Sci-Fi. 6 down, 4 to go (:
– Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. This ties with The 5th Wave as my favorite book, and the best book I read this year. It was just so beautiful. Just read it, please. Review.
-Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. If you’ve heard of Anna and the French Kiss, you’ve probably heard of this. I personally prefer it over Anna, but I still loved them both. Also Isla and the Happily Ever After comes out in a few days! (:
-Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti. All her books are great, but this one might be my favorite I think. I also love: When It Happens, Keep Holding On, and So Much Closer. I’ve read all her books except for All I Need and Now and Forever, but I’ll get to those soon enough (: She writes some very good contemporary.
-The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Heartbreaking but Beautiful. Read it.
That’s it! I hope you got some recommendations, and if you’ve read any of these, let me know your thoughts! (: xx